Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 14 - Those Pants Are Judging Me With Their Eyes While I Sleep

It has been two weeks.
            No one would have ever guessed that I would have made it this far, but I have stuck by my vow – like a good Southern man – and have eaten a salad a day, every day, for the past fourteen days, and in that process, I’ve dropped an entire pant size. My 44s are now falling off me, and I fit comfortably in my 42s, and I’ve got a pair of 40s sitting on a chair that I just know judge me with their eyes while I sleep for how I’ve abandoned them for so many years.
            I’m going to keep this post short, mainly because I’ve got another one that I already wrote; not realizing this was the two-week mark. I’m so comfortable with this that it was not even something I was thinking about any kind of mile markers. I just ran right past the two-week mark.
            I’m pretty proud of that.
            So, in honor of this momentous occasion, I’ll tell you that I did not have a salad for lunch today. Instead, I had date lunch with Allison, and we went to the newly opened Mexican restaurant in Brattleboro. I had a HUGE burrito with Pork carnitas, a mango soda, and I didn’t think twice about the amount of sour cream I put on that bad boy. I fucking slathered it in the shit, and I have no remorse.
            I’ll have salad for dinner.

            Fuck it man! An entire pant size in TWO F’ING WEEKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home